Senior Embedded Software Engineer
mSemicon is involved in several major collaborative projects, including ones funded under Horizon 2020, the Irish government DTIF scheme, and ESA programmes. In addition, the company is currently actively developing and/or supplying customized products for corporate clients in addition to developing some of its own. Projects in mSemicon therefore span a broad range of applications and are always interesting. The right condidate will be able to take one or more of these projects and help lead them to a successful conclusion.
- Design, develop, and maintain the firmware for new and/or existing hardware products
- Liaise with other members of the R&D team in all phases hardware and software development
- Collaborate with partners to integrate our products into their solutions
- Develop tools to test and validate hardware designs
- Create and maintain technical documentation
- Work with engineers to develop proof-of-concept and prototype devices
- Bachelors/Masters degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or related field
- At least 8 years of firmware development experience in C/C++
- Ability to write clean, well-documented code following Computer Science fundamentals
- Ability to read schematics and working with hardware testing equipment
- Proven track record of developing and launching embedded solutions
- Knowledge of ESP32, Raspberry PI, Microchip, and other MCU/SOC
- Experience in real-time OS such as FreeRTOS or Linux Embedded
- Knowledge of hardware interfaces (GPIO, SPI, UART, I2C, USB, etc)
- Knowledge of communication protocols (TCP/UDP, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, etc)
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills (English)
- A genuine passion and interest in technology and software development
- Team leading and management
- Good time management skills
- Hardware driver development experience
- Knowledge and experience in Python
- Experience of ARM based SOC embedded software design and development
- Medical domain expertise
- Approvals and compliance experience
- Working knowledge of French, German, etc.
Some occasional travel may be required.
Compensation and conditions negotiable
Location: L12, Greenogue Business Park, Rathcoole, Co Dublin, Ireland
Application: Interested candidates should e-mail their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.